Monday, April 1, 2013

Comfort and Consolation for Soul Broken in Pieces

When your dream is shattered because of unavoidable situation, no one is against you. But when your self-image is shattered because of an abusive word (even with one word), then someone is against your self image.


This morning, I received a mental picture that comfort my soul when I prayed about the second situation. While tears running down my face, and I could not utter even a word to God, He brought out a picture of clear window glass broken to pieces. The broken pieces were glued by God to become whole, but the cracks were still there. Through the cracks, He shone down a beautiful color spectrum that only Him could create.

What does it mean, God? The crack is the scar formed as the result of wound healing. It is not painful anymore, but every wound will leave a scar. Meanwhile, the cracks that produced a beautiful color spectrum is a mark of victory in the mental battle in choosing these two options: to bless versus to curse back, to forgive versus to keep the pain, to revenge versus to let God take care of it.

When we win by choosing the right option, we will get the cracks being glued by God (God will heal and comfort our broken heart) and through it God will shine a beautiful color spectrum. It needs process that only can work if we works hand in hand with God. Let God comforts our weary soul and restore back our self image.


Words of comfort come from:
Psalms 147:3
Modern King James Version (MKJV)
3 He heals the broken-hearted, and binds up their wounds.
Modern King James Version (MKJV)
He is the healer of the brokenhearted. He is the one who bandages their wounds.

Be grateful when no one is around, therefore we can depend fully on God to comfort us no matter how ache our heart is. 


Words of comfort come from:
Psalms 34:18
Contemporary English Version (CEV)
18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted, and he delivers those whose spirit has been crushed. 

Let's get down on our knees when we feel so crushed. There is power when we are on our knees, kneeling before a Living God.




There are days 
When I feel 
The best of me is ready to begin
Then they're days 
When I feel 
I'm letting go and soaring on the wind
But I've learned in laughter and in pain
How to survive

I get on my knees

I get on my knees
There I am before the love that changes me
See I don't know how but there's power when I'm on my knees

I can be in a crowd
Or by myself 
Or almost anywhere
When I feel
There's a need to talk with God
He is Emmanuel
When I close my eyes no darkness there
There's only light 

When I get on my knees
When I get on my knees
There I am before the Love that changes me
See I don't know how but there's power in the blue sky
I don't know how but there's power in the midnight
I don't know how but there's power when I'm on my knees

I get on my knees
I get on my knees
And there I'm before the Love that changes me
I don't know how but there's a power
I don't know how but God gives me power
I don't know ow but there's a power
When I am on my knees

No comments:

Post a Comment